City of Dora
Applicants should submit their application, resume, certifications,
and salary requirements to Dora City Hall by noon, Wednesday, October 3, 2018.
• Oversee office administration and serve as a liaison between city council members, city employees, citizens, and the Mayor
• Schedule, coordinate, and attend bi-monthly City Council meetings
• Prepare monthly expense reports and reconcile bank statements
• Responsible for accounts receivables, payables, and sales using QuickBooks
• Order office supplies, issue purchase orders, and maintain credit card disbursements
• Compose correspondence, meeting agendas, minutes, resolutions, and ordinances
• Maintain filing system, personnel records, and minutes books
• Handle new hire personnel, benefits, retirement contributions, and payroll duties
• Process and issue new city business licenses
• Schedule and coordinate Civic Center rentals
• Prepare correspondence and other paperwork as needed
• Correspond with attorneys, insurance companies, auditor, and other vendors/clients
• High School Diploma or GED
• Drivers License
• Experience in Quick Books software is required
• Administration, bookkeeping, payroll, treasurer, revenue, and or human resources experience preferred.
Benefits: State Retirement, BC/BS Health Insurance, Paid Vacation & Sick leave, Paid holidays.
Golf course clubhouse available for events
Welcome to The City of Dora
The City of Dora is an old city with new ideas. The town has a lot to offer business, industry and residents. Dora has access to Corridor X which is the main Interstate between Birmingham, Alabama and Memphis, Tennessee making it ideal for light industry, trucking, and retail. Low taxes, a friendly government and room to expand makes ideal for business. Residents will love Horse Creek Golf, which is a first-class golf course owned and managed by the City of Dora. The first Horse Creek Jubilee Festival is planned for the spring of 2014, and will offer arts, crafts, music, and fun for the entire family. The history of Dora is interesting. The coal that was mined from the hills and hollows around Dora, helped build America during the 1800 and 1900s.
The new Horse Creek Golf Clubhouse is now open and ready for your events. The clubhouse event room is spacious and perfect for class reunions, corporate events, weddings and other functions.
4 - 4
TO IMPROVE THE PHYSICAL, SOCIAL, AND ECONOMIC STATUS OF THE CITIZENS OF THE CITY OF DORA BY INVOLVING THE PUBLIC IN THE GOVERNMENTAL PROCESS, BY PROVIDING ACCURATE INFORMATION AND SERVICES IN A PROFESSIONAL, TIMELY MANNER AND BY MAKING INFORMED DECISIONS THAT WILL IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF LIFE FOR ALL OUR CITIZENS.