City of Dora
Administrative Assistant – Part time
General Description: Office duties at Dora City Hall helping the City Clerk, Magistrate, and Mayor as needed.
- Answering phones
- Managing the city’s business license division
- Working in Quickbooks to input invoices and cut checks
- Filling in for City Clerk or City Magistrate when they are off work.
- Managing the rental of the Civic Center
- Filing invoices and maintaining records
- Assisting the City Magistrate on court days
- And other duties as directed by supervisor
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required
- Previous office experience a bonus, but not required
- Computer skills are needed, experience with Quickbooks is a bonus
- Must be dependable, flexible, and honest. Regular attendance is a must
- Have organizational and planning skills
- Must be a team player, and able to work with others
- Accurate typing including normal spelling and grammar
Normal work hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
8:00 AM – 2:00 PM, off on Wednesday. Normal average is 25 hours per week
** Must pass a drug screen as well as a criminal background check.
Apply at Dora City Hall. Contact SuLeigh Warren at 205-648-3211 for more details.
Applications will be accepted September 24 – October 8, 2021, at 4:30 PM.